Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Evans 86 posts 116 karma points
    Jan 29, 2014 @ 10:26
    Mark Evans

Install error

Im attempting to install the latest Umbraco version on my local machine.

I opted for the IIS option so have unzipped the download files to my inetpub/wwwroot folder then added a new site in IIS to point to this and set the correct application pool (ASP.NET 4.0).

As per the instructions i also added an entry in my HOSTS file for this site.

However on loading localhost/myUmbracoSite in the browser i get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error: 

Line 86:       of SQL Server (including SQL Azure and SQL  Compact) instead of to SQL Server Express.
    Line 87:       -->
    Line 88:     <sessionState mode="InProc" customProvider="DefaultSessionProvider">
    Line 89:       <providers>
    Line 90:         <add name="DefaultSessionProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultSessionStateProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" />

How do i resolve this? 

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Feb 01, 2014 @ 14:21
    Charles Afford

Hi, did you get the install done ok?  Did everything install.  Try setting IIS_IUSRS permissions on the root folder of the site :).  Charlie

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft