Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 27, 2014 @ 14:53
    Damiaan

umbraco/ping to loadbalanced address

The logs are showing loads of error messages (below).

I wonder why umbraco pings to the loadbalanced address. Is there a way to configure this behaviour so that this server pings it's real ip address?

[Thread 119] Error in ping(http://ourloadbalancedaddress:443/umbraco/ping.aspx) -> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.0.0.1:443     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)     at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---     at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)     at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)     at umbraco.presentation.keepAliveService.PingUmbraco(Object sender)

• Adrian 38 posts 117 karma points
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 15:19
    Adrian

Add the site's url to the machines hosts file as a loopback 127.0.0.1

I don't like 'fixes' that mess with the host file as they get forgotten...

I've looked through the source here: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/7.1.0/src/Umbraco.Web/umbraco.presentation/keepAliveService.cs

all it does is call /umbraco/ping.aspx ( a plain text aspx that says "I'm alive" ) every 5 minutes.

To me it looks like the keepAliveService should be removed and app pool configuration should do its job.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft