Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 17:07
    karen

upgrading to different environments/databases without install folder?

I need to upgrade my version of umbraco (from 6.1.2 to 6.1.9, simple upgrade, just updating some files and configs).  I have done so on my local development site, now need to deploy to testing & prod servers (which I do not have any access to)

The problem is each has thier own database, so each time the files are moved, then it looks for the install folder to run some db script to update the database as well.  The /install folder is not on those environments.

How can I complete the update without copying the /install folder?  I have no access to those servers, it is up to server admin to run some scripts that copy the needed files for the site to each of those environments, so don't really want to include the /install files, then after the update is run have to load the site and click the 'upgrade' steps after they tell me it's done, then have them delete the /install folder...

Or is that the only way?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 18:18
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

6.1.9 isn't out yet so you probably mean 6.1.6 ;-).

From 6.1.2 to 6.1.6 there aren't any db changes. I've never tried to upgrade without the installer folder, but if you just try to override all the files and also upgrade the version number in the web.config that might work.

Jeroen

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 20:01
    karen

yeah - 6.1.6  (Hah I put 6.1.9 in all my comments when checking in my updates :)

I thought I got the updated version number in the web.config but I guess I missed it ... duh .. and thanks!  (felling silly now)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft