Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Orca 4 posts 34 karma points
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 07:08
    Orca

200+ sites under one Umbraco install. Possible?

Is it possible to have 200+ completely different sites under a single Umbraco installation?  If so, what are the steps? Or can anyone provide a starting point? 

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 07:10
    Fuji Kusaka

200 + sites meaning each one will have a different Domain Name ? 

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 08:18
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Orca,

Here is someone who asked the same type of question on Stackoverflow: Maybe this could be useful.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14503424/maximum-number-of-subsites-in-umbraco/17752233#17752233

/Dennis

Mar 13, 2014 @ 15:30
    Orca

Yes Fuji, each site with their own domain name.  This client wants to use a single source base and any changes to the business solutions should be available to all of the sites. 

Thanks Dennis! That is exactly what I was looking for.  I found found a lot of links indicating it's possible but with limitations or not all content is specific to the customer.  That post clearly indicates the problems with solutions.  You are the man!

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 16:38
    Fuji Kusaka

Woaw this is a lot of website under one single instance. Great post Dennis :) 

Mar 13, 2014 @ 20:28
    Orca

Yes it is a lot of sites all with different skins, content, products, etc.  Right now they are using DNN and it works fine but it's all "Web Forms" and aging fast. I need to find a solution that will work better for the Creative department and the developers.  I think Umbraco would be perfect but I need to make sure the design can handle 200+ unique sites without any issues.

Not that DNN can't handle MVC but I also like the Umbraco design and think it's a better fit for designers and developers.

Thanks for the help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft