Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jimmy Dan Mortensen 77 posts 197 karma points
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 11:26
    Jimmy Dan Mortensen

Upgrade Umbraco 4.7.1 from .Net 4.0 Framework to 4.5?

Hi,

I am running into problems with .Net 4.0 and Internet Explorer 11. There is a patch from Microsoft, but everybody says to upgrade from .Net 4.0 to .Net 4.5.

Does anybody know if I will have a problem with my old 4.7.1 running .Net 4.5 ?? There is no coming back after installing the update, so I'd rather avoid trial and error.

I am currently developing a new website in Umbraco v6.1.6, so I don't really wanna waste time upgrading the old core to a new version, as my old developer told me that it couldn't be done easily.

I hope somebody can help me :-)

Best regards
    Jimmy Dan Mortensen

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 12:10
    Jeroen Breuer

Do you really need to upgrade to .NET 4.5? If you're having problems with .NET 4.0 and IE11 this patch should also help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2836939

Jeroen

Mar 13, 2014 @ 12:14
    Jimmy Dan Mortensen

That is the patch I am talking about. My hosting-company says it is installed, but it is still not working. So after a little searching on the net, everybody else is saying to upgrade to 4.5

Regards
    Jimmy Dan Mortensen

Mar 13, 2014 @ 12:15
    Jimmy Dan Mortensen

That is the patch I am talking about. My hosting-company says it is installed, but it is still not working. So after a little searching on the net, everybody else is saying to upgrade to 4.5

Regards
    Jimmy Dan Mortensen

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 12:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jimmy
    What kind of issues are you having?

I would not recoomend upgrading the framework since I'm not sure if it will just work or not. I can imagine that all the umbraco dll's should be compiled against .net 4.5 in order to work and that would require you made a fork of the code and did it yourself if I remember correctly (Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong).
    Perhaps some of the suggestions in this post can help you? http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/46529-umbraco-47-member-login-not-works-in-IE11 - Have a look at the suggestions from Dennis Aaen and Bob Baty-barr.

/Jan 

EDIT: Wrote this before Our had a minor breakdown...don't know what have been written above.

Mar 13, 2014 @ 12:31
    Jimmy Dan Mortensen

Jan ... You are my god :-)

It worked :-) I just copy/pasted the browser-file, and deleted web.config and uploaded it again (to get the app to reset) and it now works.

/Jimmy

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 12:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jimmy

Happy to hear it worked out and solved your issue :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft