Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Danny 12 posts 82 karma points
    Mar 17, 2014 @ 08:04
    Danny

Installing Umbraco 6.1.6 on GoDaddy Windows Hosting

Hi there,

I'm having dfficulties in installing Umbraco CMS version 6.1.6 on GoDaddy Windows Hosting.

Already on the first run after unzipping the cms files.. i get the following error:

===== Server Error in '/myumbracocms' Application. Operation could destabilize the runtime. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Security.VerificationException: Operation could destabilize the runtime.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[VerificationException: Operation could destabilize the runtime.] Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.ResolverBase`1..ctor() +0 Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.InitializeProfilerResolver() +66 Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.InitializeProfilerResolver() +10 Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.Initialize() +30 Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.Initialize() +18 Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(Object sender, EventArgs e) +90 Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +9

[HttpException (0x80004005): Operation could destabilize the runtime.] System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +9860497 System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +118 System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172 System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336 System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): Operation could destabilize the runtime.] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9874840 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18055

=====

What is going on wrong here?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 17, 2014 @ 08:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Danny

Hmm, if I remember correctly GoDaddy requires medium trust. Try checking the <AppSettings> section the web.config of Umbraco and look for at setting named something with medium trust and set it to true.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 18, 2014 @ 08:10
    Danny

Hi Jan,

As you have suggested I did change medium trust level from false to true..

Still gettting the same error msg.

Mar 18, 2014 @ 08:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Danny

Ok, then I would suggest you contact GoDaddy about the issue since it's probably something in their end.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 20, 2014 @ 17:02
    Danny

finally godaddy has setup fulltrust and everything works fine. medium trust as its minimum requirement is not enough.

Mar 20, 2014 @ 17:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Danny

Glad to hear you got it all working.

/Jan

• John Palmer 76 posts 201 karma points
    Apr 08, 2014 @ 07:23
    John Palmer

H Danny,

Godaddy does support full trust now? I'm happy to hear that your site is working fine now... To run umbraco, yes you need full trust permission.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft