Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Mar 19, 2014 @ 15:37
    Dan Lister

Adding a HTTPS binding on a port other than 443

I've setup a vanilla Umbraco v6.1.6 instance to test my problem. I currently have a self signed certificate in IIS. I also have a HTTPS binding added to my website but using a port other than 443. For example, in my case the port number would be 3000.

Within Umbraco, I have multiple sites. The binding associated with the SSL cert is assigned to the 3rd website in Umbraco. When navigating to https://third-website.local:3000/, the first website in Umbraco is served instead. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

If I output the scheme, host and port on my home page template, the values correctly match those in IIS and the host correctly matches the domain on the third site in Umbraco. So everything seems to be tied up together correctly but Umbraco doesn't serve the correct node.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 19, 2014 @ 16:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

One thing that comes to my mind is if you have changed the <useDomainPrefixes> from false to true in the /config/umbracoSettings.config folder?

If not then Umbraco will show the first site as default if I'm not mistaken.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 19, 2014 @ 16:15
    Dan Lister

Hi Jan. Thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately, the first site is always shown even with <useDomainPrefixes> enabled. Its quite peculiar because if I switch the HTTPS binding in IIS back to 443 and navigate to https://third-website.local:443/ instead of https://third-website.local:3000/, that works as expected and the correct site is returned.

Mar 19, 2014 @ 16:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Ok, then I'm afraid I have no idea on how to avoid it.

Did you recycle the app pool after you made the change btw?

/Jan

Mar 19, 2014 @ 16:24
    Dan Lister

Yeah I've tried that a few times. I'll debug Umbraco's source code against the site to and find out how it selects which node to render based on the current request's domain. Thanks for your help.

Mar 19, 2014 @ 16:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Ok, I hope you manage to figure it out. Perhaps some other clever minds in here knows exactly what you should do to fix it.

Happy fixing :)

/Jan

Mar 20, 2014 @ 12:32
    Dan Lister

After a little further investigation, it appears that any binding running on a port other than 80 or 443 (regardless of protocol) always renders the first node from the Content tree.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft