Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter S 169 posts 587 karma points
    Mar 27, 2014 @ 13:21
    Peter S

Possible MySQL syntax bug?

I just installed Umbraco 7.0.4 via NuGet in Visual Studio 2012 and I set it up to use a MySQL 5.6.13 database. No problem installing and the site runs in IIS Express and I can log in to the admin interface. But when I try to do something like add a document template or a user or anything related to clicking "+ Create" I get an error message saying that the SQL syntax is wrong. Is this a common problem?

This is the error message I get:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[user] = 0' at line 1
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.  Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[user] = 0' at line 1 Source Error:  An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace:  [MySqlException (0x80004005): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[user] = 0' at line 1]
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket() +383
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId) +116
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId) +54
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force) +145
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() +1258
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +2377
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +41
       System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10
       StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) in c:\Code\github\SamSaffron\MiniProfiler\StackExchange.Profiling\Data\ProfiledDbCommand.cs:235
       System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader() +12
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.<Query>d__7`1.MoveNext() +561
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +381
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +58
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Fetch(String sql, Object[] args) +144
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.User.GetApplications() +315
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.User.get_Applications() +39
       Umbraco.Web.UI.LegacyDialogTask.ValidateUserForApplication() +131
       Umbraco.Web.UI.LegacyDialogHandler.UserHasCreateAccess(HttpContextBase httpContext, User umbracoUser, String nodeType) +102
       Umbraco.Web.UI.Umbraco.CreateDialog.SecurityCheck(String nodeTypeAlias) +101
       Umbraco.Web.UI.Umbraco.CreateDialog.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +100
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772
  • Peter S 169 posts 587 karma points
    Mar 27, 2014 @ 14:35
    Peter S

Just found out it actually is a bug that is fixed in 7.1.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft