Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• J 446 posts 863 karma points
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 19:47
    J

Null Reference Exception

All of a sudden when i go into SOME pages under the Content section i get the below error

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +838

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +185

System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +188

umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +1262

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +185

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2097

Im not sure whats causing this but any way to troubleshoot this or fix it? As its happened to a live site

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 20:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi J

What version of Umbraco are you using?

What packages are installed? And has there been any custom integrations interacting with the API? Some custom datatypes perhaps?

Is there any information in the trace log in /app_data/logs or in the server logs?

The pages that are affected are they of the same document type? And pages that work are they of a different document type?

/Jan

• J 446 posts 863 karma points
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 20:25
    J

Version 6.1.*

ImageGen and Contour. Im not aware of any custom types but i could have a look if you tell me where to look?

I will have to check the umbracoLog and get back to you on that if i cant figure it out but the server log gives me the same error as above.

I cant view the DocumentType as clicking on the Node it shows the error above immediately.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft