Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Del Hamilton 6 posts 66 karma points
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 13:35
    Del Hamilton

Upgrading Umbraco from v6.1.5 to v6.1.6

I've upgraded Umbraco to version 6.1.6 by copying the /bin, /umbraco and /umbraco_client folders.  I also merged in the /config files and web.config.  When I go into the back office however I still get the message that v6.1.6 is available, clicking About reveals that Umbraco version is still 6.1.5.

I manually set the version number to v6.1.6 in the web,config file however when I go to the website the installer starts and claims too that the version number is 6.1.5.  Once the installer is complete the version number in the web.config file is returned to v6.1.5.

What am I doing wrong?

• Peter Gregory 408 posts 1614 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 14:19
    Peter Gregory

By any chance are you running in a VS solution and pulling your references from an external lib folder? in that case if you haven't bothered to update the lib folder dlls it will overwrite your dlls with older versions.

If you copy over all the changes and merge the web.config but leave the version number at 6.1.5 you should see the upgrade process. If you don't see the upgrade process then you do not have the 6.1.6 dlls but the 6.1.5 dlls. The upgrade process will adjust the version number for you a the end of the upgrade process.

Peter

• Del Hamilton 6 posts 66 karma points
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 19:26
    Del Hamilton

Thanks for that Peter, you were dead on the money. Although I had installed the package the references in the website all pointed to the nuget package for v6.1.5 therefore everytime I built/ran the project the 6.1.6 dlls were replaced with the 6.1.5 dlls.

I carefully deleted the Umbraco references then added them from v6.1.6 and now the project runs in v6.1.6.

• Peter Gregory 408 posts 1614 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Apr 12, 2014 @ 01:58
    Peter Gregory

Awesome glad to be of assistance, definitely have to be aware of the references when doing the upgrade. You can do the upgrades via nuget btw, but you need to make sure you take backups of the configs before you do, to make sure nuget doesn't overwrite stuff that you don't want it to.

make sure to mark the reply as the answer so that the threat appears closed.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft