Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• xme 22 posts 84 karma points
    Apr 16, 2014 @ 22:28
    xme

Stylesheets not saved ..

Hello!

I need some advice, please!

I am trying to set up my first Umbraco template. 
    On a shared hosting account I start with a fresh 1-click installed starter kit 7.2. Umbraco installation. 

When I try to modify the starter kit, remove the starter kit, install the second starter kit option over the pre-installed, nothing really works due to "permissions restrictions"?! ( I am the admin. No doubt here.) I checked the folders permissions and didn't see a mistake there. 

Now I found a way I could start: I type in my desired css and html manually - no copypaste. 
    But in fact, this bothers me a little, because the css I wanted to paste is a long script (20000 lines). Maybe this is the problem, but what if I start typing and after 5000 .. I receive the same error message, like before: "Stylesheet not saved: Please make sure you have permissions set correctly".

I am sure there is a solution for that. 
    What am I doing wrong?
    What am I missing out? (The css is no .css, the path is set correctly and relative..)

Thanks!

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Apr 16, 2014 @ 22:47
    Amir Khan

With a 20,000 line css file, you might have better luck working in your favorite text editor and pushing the css up via ftp or something...

Apr 17, 2014 @ 12:46
    xme

Hello!

That worked!

I uploaded the css via ftp and created the stylesheet under Settings without dot.css.
    Umbraco displayed the css file without any issue. 

Thanks for advice!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 17, 2014 @ 13:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi xme

I'd just like to add that in general I will encourage you to use an editor like visual studio, sublime text, webmatrix or whatever you fancy to edit your files rather than using Umbraco since Umbraco is not meant to also be your editor. It can sometimes be a good thing to quickly fix something using the build in editors in Umbraco but for more serious development it's a good idea to use proper editors that support intellisense, coding-help etc.

Just my 2 cents.

/Jan

Apr 23, 2014 @ 22:23
    xme

Sure.

Thanks for motivation, admin. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft