Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sergey Petrochenko 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 17, 2014 @ 09:25
    Sergey Petrochenko

Umbraco.WebPI.7.1.1 not installing on SQLServer (Only SQLServerCE)

WebPlatformInstaller create Database on SQLServer and add user to database but not add connectionString to Database in web.config (or add connectionStraing to SQLServerCE where Install Application From Gallery) After add connectionString manually to web.config Umbraco start installing but not create Tables in Database and process installing not end

Apr 17, 2014 @ 11:09
    Sergey Petrochenko

Change preferred language for software installation from "Russian" to "English" and WebPI add to web.config:

<appSettings>
        <add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="" />
    </appSettings>

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="server=sever;database=umbraco150;user id=umbracouser150;password=lc^Pd^UN_mA3" providerName="" />
    </connectionStrings>

But site still HTTP Error 503

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 17, 2014 @ 12:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sergey and welcome to our :)

Have you had a look at the documentation on installing Umbraco? Usually that helps - I suspect you're perhaps missing some of the prerequisites that Umbraco needs in order to run properly.

I suggest you have a look at the guide on installing Umbraco using webmatrix for you initial installation. For some reason it seems that it does a better job of making sure all prerequisites are in place before trying to install Umbraco. Don't know why but that's what I have experienced myself.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 17, 2014 @ 15:40
    Sergey Petrochenko

WebMatrix install Umbraco version 6.1.6 Where 7.1.1?

Apr 17, 2014 @ 17:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sergey

Sorry, that's my bad - Forgot to mention that for some reason the webmatrix feed takes ages to update so it never features the latest release of Umbraco it seems.

But that does not matter, even though I can understand it's confusing. I just want you to initially do an umbraco install using webmatrix to make sure all prerequisites have been installed - they're the same wether you need to install Umbraco 6 or 7.

Once installed using webmatrix, then please try doing the manual install featured in the documentation mentioned in my former post.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 18, 2014 @ 07:57
    Sergey Petrochenko

Hi Jan Umbraco 6.1.6 installing without any problem (with or without WebMatrix) Umbraco 7.1.0 installing on SQLServerCE instead local or remote SQL Server (on SQL Server created Database, User but in web.config written connectionString to SQLServerCE and created Database in AppData folder). Site load and work fine. Umbraco 7.1.1 installing on SQLServer, created Database on SQL Server in web.config written Database on SQL Server but site not load (HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.) This is strange behavior Umbraco installer same on Windows 8.1 and Server 2012R2

Apr 18, 2014 @ 11:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sergey

Ok - just to be clear - Did you install Umbraco 7.1.1 manually this time?

And did you follow the installer guildeline from the installation screen? Or did you choose the "customize" option? If not then SQL CE is used.

Sorry if I'm missing something...

/Jan

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 18, 2014 @ 15:48
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Note that as of Umbraco 7 you do not have the appSettings key any more, so this needs to be removed:

<add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="" />

And your connectionstring seems to be wrong, you're missing the provider name, so it should be:

<add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="server=sever;database=umbraco150;user id=umbracouser150;password=lc^Pd^UN_mA3" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

But most of all, you should never need to edit web.config yourself to get the connection string in there, just follow the installation steps.

Here's some more guidance on manual installs: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-manually

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft