Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Leon 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 17, 2014 @ 21:34
    Leon

Umbraco hangs at "connecting to database" during install

Hello,

I am trying to install umbraco using the new DB and I am experiencing the problems I enter the information as requested  then it hangs at "connecting to database" during install. can anyone address an issue or have any suggestion or solutions please.

Thanks!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 18, 2014 @ 11:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Leon and welcome to our :)

What version of Umbraco are you trying to install? What system are you trying to install it on?

How are you trying to install Umbraco? - Have you had a look at the umbraco installation documentation to make sure everything is done the right way?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Apr 18, 2014 @ 18:57
    Leon

Hello,

We are trying to install Umbraco 6.x.x we already tried and went through the installation manual from your website and still struggling to install and use Umrraco. If you can shade some light it would be great.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks!

Apr 19, 2014 @ 05:22
    Leon

Hello,

We have done default installation under our domain http://pha-usa.com/umbraco/login.aspx?redir=. Its work on my PC but another place its redirected to
    http://www.seoindiagabblet.com/umbraco/login.aspx?redir=
    Could  you please check the exact issue. I have insert the images.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 19, 2014 @ 09:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Leon

I'm just a volunteer spirit trying to help people out because I know how frustrating it can be to be stuck with an issue myself. So I'm afraid there is not much I can look into.

But when the installation works on your machine there must be an issue on the other machines it's installed on.

I would probably check the IIS settings and make sure there are not redirects setup or perhaps it's something weird with DNS that is going on. The way I see it it's not an Umbraco issue as such and there it won't help to report an issue about it.

But try checking the things I just mentioned.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft