Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• xme 22 posts 84 karma points
    Apr 26, 2014 @ 15:08
    xme

Certain templates in Content section not selectable

Hello, 

I have some handling problems. (The installation is 7.1.1, uninstalled the starter package)

The process to display content (Document Type/Matching Template/Create Site/ Display Content) on a page only works when the content page is linked to the Source or Master Template what means under Document Type I must Select the Master/Source-Template as Default template and then select the Master/Source-Template in the Content section. (Not as shown in the tutorials where I select an indigenous template, like TextPage). This works for the Homepage, but About cannot be defined as Textpage via the template selection. (I cannot enable that by clicking/selecting „Allow as root“). 

I just receive the yellow „Server Error in `/` Application“ error page that says the URL is wrong. 

What can I do against?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 26, 2014 @ 20:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Xme

Usually people create a "Master" template where the general markup is placed and then Homepage and Texpage templates etc. are created beneath "Master" to make sure they inherit the markup.

But Could you perhaps provide us with some screendumps showing your current template structure and what the templates currently contain?

Also make sure to setup the templates that each document type should be using in the "Document types" folder. So if you have a "Homepage" document type you should assign it the "Homepage" template etc.

Hope this helps.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

May 30, 2014 @ 00:13
    xme

Sure I-o

Thanks. 

May 30, 2014 @ 09:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Xme

What does "l-o" mean? Have you got the issue solved? :)

/Jan

May 30, 2014 @ 09:23
    xme

Hello!

Yes. sssure.

I wanted to express the bar I had infront of the eyes. But, I solved it right after I wrote your comment. Not completely blind.

Now I am back to u-work!

Thanks!

May 30, 2014 @ 10:16
    Jan Skovgaard

That's really good to hear :) Remember to mark the topic as solved then.

Happy umbracoing!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft