Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Sørensen 102 posts 327 karma points
    Apr 28, 2014 @ 02:24
    Dan Sørensen

update from 7.0.3 to 7.1.1 give me error

Im trying to update umbraco from 7.0.3 to 7.1.1 but I always get this error. anyone know what Im doing worng
    Have tryed with nygget and downloading the files my self.

Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

After this I tryed to make a clean site and then after put in my already made stuff. 
    then I got in to umbraco backend but colden open the site. here I got an error saying it coulden find document type for the page I was trying to view ? 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2014 @ 09:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

How did you do the upgrade? Using nuget or manually...or?

/Jan

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2014 @ 09:39
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Dan,

Are you sure that you need 4.5.0.0 version ?

It's our properties of Newtonsoft.dll:

http://screencast.com/t/QjwrbjkM4

Thanks, Alex

Apr 28, 2014 @ 10:13
    Dan Sørensen

Hi Jan I updated with nuget first then manually.

And now I have tryed making a clean project and copying my files over but now the installation is stuck it just never stop loading.

And Alex if I shal be honest I don't know if I need the 4.5 version it just give me the error after I have updated umbraco with nuget or even put in the files manually.

Apr 28, 2014 @ 10:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Ok - I know that there unfortunately are some issues in regards to upgrading through nuget. But usually it should be possible to fix it by going to the /app_data/TEMP/ClientDependency folder and delete all files from there. Afterwards go to the /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version number and then recycle the app pool.

Also try setting debug="true" in the web.config - just search for the "debug" keyword. There should only be one place to change this.

In regards to the json version stuff there was an issue with some wrong compiled versions but they should be fixed in the 7.1.1 release if I remember correctly.

If you don't succeed at clearing the cache etc. then the approach of a clean install is good - But copying the files will not be enough.

I think I would make a package of the Document types, templates, datatypes and content and then import the package into the new installation and then copy over files like CSS, Images, Media, Razor, XSLT - But that may not be enough if you have a lot of media items uploaded since media files on disk does not create the mapping to a media item...and if you have packages installed this approach might not be enough either.

But then you could have a peek at using either umport or usync, which should be ideal for moving files, nodes etc. around between environments.

I hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 28, 2014 @ 10:52
    Dan Sørensen

Thanks Jan Ill try this later.

but I have been able to copy files and database before to a clean installation and it just worked ?

Apr 28, 2014 @ 10:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Ah yes, sorry - was too quick above. Of course if you copy over the database as well no need to make a package. D'oh!

However copying over all files could cause some issues I think - the stuff in /app_data/TEMP should not be copied over for instance.

But let us know how it goes when you have a glance later.

/Jan

May 01, 2014 @ 01:36
    Dan Sørensen

After trying to fix nuget problems I got this error 

http://gyazo.com/5979b05a895aaa8fa55c860535a0d861

But maybe im not quit sure what you mean by 
    Go to /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version number and then recycle the app pool.

May 01, 2014 @ 07:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

I somply mean that you should open the mentioned file and increment the version number (version attribute) or simply just changing the number to anything else than what it currently says in the file.

Once that's done you just need to recycle the app pool - This can be done by touching the web.config. Simply open it and hit save.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Keith R Hubbard 175 posts 403 karma points
    Jul 09, 2015 @ 05:58
    Keith R Hubbard

Actually Jan

I have ran into this recently with new installs from nuget. you run your install then after setup you get the error.

in your web.config under runtime then dependentAssembly you will have

<dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Newtonsoft.Json" publicKeyToken="30ad4fe6b2a6aeed" culture="neutral" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="4.5.0.0" newVersion="4.5.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>

the correct version is below.

<dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Newtonsoft.Json" publicKeyToken="30ad4fe6b2a6aeed" culture="neutral" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.0.0.0" newVersion="6.0.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>

you can login to the backoffice the first time and work for a couple of minutes and then it will fail. this has happened often. Something is modifying to that version.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft