Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David 29 posts 110 karma points
    May 01, 2014 @ 14:47
    David

Choosing a database v7.1.1 installation

Hi,

I just ran the installer for 7.1.1 and am no longer presented with an option to chose a SQL Server database, it looks like CE is now used be default.  

Is there a way to change this during the install, or do I need to add new new connection string and provider?

Thanks.

• Vance 2 posts 23 karma points
    May 01, 2014 @ 14:51
    Vance

I cannot remember the details, but there is a little button you can click during install to specify a different database server.  I dont' think the button name screams "click here to change the server" either.  You have to look carefully during the install to find it.  I did the exact same thing you did the first time.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 01, 2014 @ 15:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Guys

Vance is right - there is a simple "customize" text link one should click in order to be able to choose database and if one wants to use a starter kit or not.

@David - If you open your website using webmatrix then it's fairly simple to migrate from CE SQL to MSSQL - You just need to go to the "Database" tab in webmatrix and choose the umbraco database and then click the "Migrate" button where you can specify the details of your MSSQL server.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 01, 2014 @ 18:21
    David

Thanks for the responses.  It's pretty obvious when I go back and run it again.

There's a "Customise" link next to the "Install" button on the first page of the wizard.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 01, 2014 @ 18:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David

Well, I would like the link to be more visible...It took me a long time to find it the first couple of times I did an installation and even though I became aware of it I still forgot to click it when I wanted to make some clean installs.

I think I made an issue about it but on the tracker somewhere...

/Jan

May 01, 2014 @ 19:01
    David

Yes, I think it could be more obvious too...  especially for those used to the old wizard, expecting the config to be on subsequent pages.

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    May 02, 2014 @ 12:07
    Martin Griffiths

Can someone tell me if its possible to use localDB in VS2012? Every time I try and run the install I get the database failed to install. ERROR: Database configuration is invalid. Please check that the entered database exists and that the provided username and password has write access to the database.

Data Source=(LocalDB)\v11.0;AttachDbFilename="D:\pathtomydb\App_Data\umbraco.mdf";Integrated Security=True;Connect Timeout=30

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft