Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Plaetner-Cancela 7 posts 67 karma points
    May 04, 2014 @ 17:26
    Daniel Plaetner-Cancela

Visual Studio 2012 and Umbraco 7

I am trying to install a clean Umbraco installation from NuGet in Visual Studio 2012, but when I am trying to run the code I get this error

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.BeginRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +16
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__8(Object sender, EventArgs e) +253
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

Steps on how I do

1. New Project
    2. ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Application
    3. Empty [Solution template]
    4. Open Package Manager Console
    5. Install nuget; PM> Install-Package UmbracoCms
    6. Build Solution
    7. Getting my error

Note: I am installing version 7.1.1 and using Visual Studio 2012 Professional

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 05, 2014 @ 09:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel

Did you follow the nuget installation documentation here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-with-nuget ?

Otherwise please try and double check using this.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 06, 2014 @ 13:41
    Daniel Plaetner-Cancela

Hi Jan

I followed all the steps on their website, but I am still getting the error. Tho I noticed when installing Umbraco as an application, I am getting this message in the console 'Global.asax' already exists and Web.config' already exists. Skipping...

So I tried to delete all the config files and global.asax. But now I am getting a new error:

The view '/umbraco/install/views/index.cshtml' or its master was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched:
    /umbraco/install/views/index.cshtml

May 06, 2014 @ 14:39
    Daniel Plaetner-Cancela

I simply found out that the case it didn't work is because I needed to update Visual Studio 2012 for their new update, version 4.

So if anyone is getting this kind of errors trying to install Umbraco 7 through Visual Studio 2012

Error 1

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.BeginRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +16
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__8(Object sender, EventArgs e) +253
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

Error 2

The view '/umbraco/install/views/index.cshtml' or its master was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched:
    /umbraco/install/views/index.cshtml

Solution

Update Visual Studio 2012 to version 4 (the newest)

1. Tools
    2. Extensions and updates
    3. Updates

Simply update everything there.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft