Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonas 10 posts 30 karma points
    Nov 05, 2009 @ 13:17
    Jonas

Surftown issue

Hello,

I have been working with Umbraco the last couple of weeks, and I am very impressed so far!

My problem is, that when deploying it to Surftown, it behaves a little strange. I have read that Surftown does not support XML-caching, so I have turned this off. The sites I am working on at the moment are not very big and can survive without caching.

But my problem is, that if the site has not been visited in a period of time it will load for about 20 seconds the first time I enter it - load times after that are normal again until there has been no activity on the site for a while. Then the 20 second load will appear again once more.

Does anyone know what the problem can be?

Thanks in advance!
    Jonas.

• atze187 160 posts 215 karma points
    Nov 05, 2009 @ 13:56
    atze187

That is (most likely) caused by ASP.NET and has nothing to do wth umbraco. We solved such issues by sending requests to the frontpages of our sites in 10 minute intervals.

Try that with a non-umbraco asp.net webform and you'll notice the delay, although it won't be 20 seconds as one single webform doesn't nearly contains so much stuff as the whole umbraco application.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft