Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bernie 11 posts 25 karma points
    Nov 08, 2009 @ 22:24
    Bernie

UmbracoRoleProvider Error After Install

I just moved a local running copy of my site to my host reliablesite.net.  I had everything working fine on both the host and locally and was just attempting to move local copies of stuff I had completed to the host.  My process was to:

1. Backup SQL and Restore to host
    2. FTP all files from local web root to host except web.config which includes a different connection string but is exactly the same other than that
    3. Checked file permissions are set on host to allow Network Serivce Read/Write permissions on all nodes/files in web root

Now, I'm getting the following error on all pages in the site:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Source Error:

Line 124:      <providers>
    Line 125:        <clear />
    Line 126:        <add name="UmbracoRoleProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoRoleProvider" />
    Line 127:      </providers>
    Line 128:    </roleManager>

So, articles I found seem to point to this being a trust issue, but, I can't imagine that has changed since it was working this morning before I started moving my local copies to the host.

I'm stuck.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

B

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft