Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick 16 posts 36 karma points
    Nov 10, 2009 @ 16:44
    Patrick

Published pages not appearing on live until app pool is recycled

Hi

I'm a big fan of umbraco! However, I'm having a little problem where modifications to pages and templates sometimes don't appear on live until I've recycled the application pool. It works fine for new pages & templates which appear immediatly but when I publish an existing page or modify an existing template, they don't show up on live, even though they show up fine on preview.  At the moment I've got round it by setting IIS to recycle the app pool every 20 minutes but this isn't ideal. Any advice on why this could be would be very helpful.

Patrick.

Nov 10, 2009 @ 16:52
    Patrick

I forgot to mention I'm using umbraco 3.0.3

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5046 posts 15479 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 10, 2009 @ 17:17
    Sebastiaan Janssen

This could maybe be a permissions problem. Are you sure that the application pool user has permissions to write to the /data folder?

Nov 12, 2009 @ 11:55
    Patrick

Thanks for you reply. The application pool identity is Network Service and that appears to have read/write access to the /data folder.  Anything else that could be causing this issue?

• Casey Neehouse 1339 posts 483 karma points MVP 2x admin
    Nov 12, 2009 @ 16:18
    Casey Neehouse

In the data folder, delete (or rename) umbraco.config (or umbraco.xml).  The file has been locked by IIS or permissions knocked out of wack.  Deleting it will allow it to regenerate on restart, and should inherit permissions correctly.  I used to see this happen all the time.

Nov 12, 2009 @ 17:16
    Patrick

No luck, I tried deleting the data/umbraco.config file as you suggested and it recreated it when I next saved & published something but there was no change to the version on live.  Anything else that could be causing this?

Mar 11, 2010 @ 11:38
    Patrick

I've just created a login to my umbraco site but it seems the user is logged out whenever the app pool is recycled, which it does every 20 mins to get round the publishing problem. Does anybody have any other ideas to solve this publishing problem in umbraco?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5046 posts 15479 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 11, 2010 @ 12:34
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Have you maybe turned on some long amount of macro caching? I can't imagine where umbraco would get the old content from otherwise.. 

Mar 31, 2010 @ 14:33
    Patrick

Thanks for your reply.  The caching for all my macros is set to 0. It affects the content of pages (through the UMBRACO_GETITEM tag) as well as macros.  Could there be anything else causing this?

• UmbracoDev 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 25, 2013 @ 21:31
    UmbracoDev

Did you ever slove this?  We are having a similar problem where Umbraco is not finding our login page until we recycle the app pool.  So it gos right to the You are not authorized instead of allowing a user to login.  After the app pool is recycled, you can go right to the login page ... but randomly throughout the day, the issue occurs again and we have to constantly be recycling the app pool.  Any clue?  We have 4.7

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft