Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• zbrick 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 11, 2009 @ 00:14
    zbrick

Umbraco Tool Spinning

Hi folks - I have just installed Umbraco for the first time, and after some configuration difficulties, I was able to complete the install.  I say this because the install page told me I was successful (I downloaded and installed Runway and some modules as well), and then I was prompted to login and 'launch Umbraco'.  I thought I was ready to start playing with the tool, but all that is happening is that the ../umbraco/umbraco.aspx page is opening in a new window, and then 'spinning' endlessly.  At the top I get some header elements (a 'Create' button, a search bar, a few other buttons), and a little progress bar appears - but that's all that I get.  I'm hoping this is an obvious setup problem but I can certainly provide more detail if that would be helpful.  I can navigate to my localhost default.aspx and I get the Umbraco 404 page (where it says 'this page is intentionally left ugly').  Any help would be appreciated.

Nov 11, 2009 @ 01:48
    zbrick

Investigating further, I've found lots of javascript errors, all saying "jQuery is not defined".  I have searched for this error, and I've found other posts saying that 'Umbraco must be installed at the root of the website.'  I am using IISAdmin.Net in order to run multiple sites from my localhost - so would that be the problem?  My site's home directory is C:\development\inetpub\wwwroot-umbraco - and I have an additional 'Application' directory called 'Umbraco' that contains all of the umbraco code.  So, to access the CMS I go to http://localhost/umbraco/umbraco/default.aspx.  Is this an inherently bad setup?

• Petr Snobelt 923 posts 1535 karma points
    Nov 11, 2009 @ 08:28
    Petr Snobelt

Umbraco can't be installed into virtual directory (first umbraco in your case) Simply create new website, you can use different port if your localhost is used for something else.

Nov 11, 2009 @ 17:35
    zbrick

Thank you for your help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft