Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Hodgkinson 613 posts 355 karma points
    May 09, 2014 @ 23:53
    John Hodgkinson

Upgrading an old intranet using Umbraco 3.0.4 up to Umbraco 4.11.10

and then hopefully up to 6.x and beyond...

I have gone through a bunch up upgrades and the site works but the member roles now does not seem to work. all the members and groups are still intact in the db and back office but when i click on a member name to review it (also need to set permissions on pages), I get the following error message below.

I'm guessing this has to do something with the jump over to the .NET membership and role provider but I'm not sure what to do from here on out...

Any help would be much appreciated and many thanks in advance!

Server Error in '/' Application.

The parameter 'roleName' must not be empty. Parameter name: roleName

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The parameter 'roleName' must not be empty. Parameter name: roleName

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The parameter 'roleName' must not be empty. Parameter name: roleName] System.Web.Util.SecUtility.CheckParameter(String& param, Boolean checkForNull, Boolean checkIfEmpty, Boolean checkForCommas, Int32 maxSize, String paramName) +12013415 System.Web.Security.Roles.IsUserInRole(String username, String roleName) +317 umbraco.cms.presentation.members.EditMember.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2257 umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +19 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34009

• John Hodgkinson 613 posts 355 karma points
    May 09, 2014 @ 23:55
    John Hodgkinson

actually nevermind - had a blank group name in there some how and it was crashing everythign out...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft