Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike 1 post 21 karma points
    May 11, 2014 @ 04:17
    Mike

Just installed it but ..........

Hi everyone

I am a brand new user - I have just installed it - all looked OK until I tried to preview my first tentative change to one of the starter sites.

I get the following screenful of errors

=======================================================================

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The partial view 'umbHomepageBanner' was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched:
    ~/Views/RenderMvc/umbHomepageBanner.aspx
    ~/Views/RenderMvc/umbHomepageBanner.ascx
    ~/Views/Shared/umbHomepageBanner.aspx
    ~/Views/Shared/umbHomepageBanner.ascx
    ~/Views/RenderMvc/umbHomepageBanner.cshtml
    ~/Views/RenderMvc/umbHomepageBanner.vbhtml
    ~/Views/Shared/umbHomepageBanner.cshtml
    ~/Views/Shared/umbHomepageBanner.vbhtml
    ~/Views/Partials/umbHomepageBanner.cshtml
    ~/Views/MacroPartials/umbHomepageBanner.cshtml
    ~/Views/umbHomepageBanner.cshtml

Source Error:

Line 3:      Layout = "umbLayout.cshtml";
    Line 4:  }
    Line 5:  @{ Html.RenderPartial("umbHomepageBanner"); }
    Line 6:  <!-- Main -->
    Line 7:  <div id="main-wrapper">

Source File: c:\umbraco\umb\Views\umbHomePage.cshtml    Line: 5

===============================================================            

I'm sure that this is very simple to fix but I have no idea where to look - any ideas greatly appreciated.

Mike

• MK 429 posts 906 karma points
    May 11, 2014 @ 08:43
    MK

Hi,

For some reason you are missing the umbHomepageBanner partial view.

Have a look under --> Setting section --> Partial View to see if it there.

If not, you can right click to create it which should solve the error but you might have other erros coming up.

If so, try to reinstall the website.

Regards,

Moshe

• Luc Debliquis 8 posts 28 karma points
    May 17, 2014 @ 09:11
    Luc Debliquis

got the same error, some views (/Views/Partials) are missing from the download package (7.1.2)  
    i had to get those from another source (an azure test website created from onlin templates ^^)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 17, 2014 @ 10:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Guys

Maybe the issues with the starter kit is due to some unfortunate bugs in the 7.1.2 release - So if it's not a big problem could you then please try to install the newly released v7.1.3? :)

/Jan

May 17, 2014 @ 10:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Oops, forgot the link - Here it is: http://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/713

/Jan

May 17, 2014 @ 11:23
    Luc Debliquis

Hi Jan,

installed the new release 7.1.3 from nugget this morning, then the starter pack from the backend, and all run ok

May 17, 2014 @ 11:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Luc

Very happy to hear that - Hope you have fun umbracoing :)

Cheers, Jan

May 17, 2014 @ 11:37
    Luc Debliquis

;-)

Love the new Umbraco 7 backend.

I am currently playing to use my own models / controllers with injected parameters (simple injector)
    Big project coming up with Umbraco base + lots of custom external data, we might talk often in there ;-)

Cheers !

May 17, 2014 @ 11:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Sounds very interesting Luc! Can't wait to see what you got up your sleeve! :)

I hope you would like to contribute to documenting how to do cool stuff in property editors etc. with Umbraco and Angular as well if you discover / know something, which is not documented anywhere currently.

/Jan

May 17, 2014 @ 14:24
    Luc Debliquis

Sorry to quite hijack the route the thread, but somehow the original poster got an answer earlier :)

About new app, i just posted here :)
    http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/52908-New-application-with-external-data-whats-your-advice-

I did not get into the new stuff yet (angular / property editors), but am very interested in this !
    any link to get me introduced ?  thanks ! 

May 17, 2014 @ 15:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Luc

This link is a good starting place http://umbraco.github.io/Belle/#/tutorials

/Jan

• Ashley 2 posts 23 karma points
    May 21, 2014 @ 04:43
    Ashley

Hi Jan.

I recently did a fresh install of 7.1.3 and am got the umbHomepageBanner error straight away after installing the txt starter kit (also tried Overflow = same result).

Also checked folder permissions and everything is setup correctly (as per http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions), so nothing to change there.

I started creating the partial views manually, but each time I created one the error just moved on to the next point.

This is painful, how can I go about making it so I don't have to do this next time (other than saving the templates locally? But in saying that, don't they vary from kit to kit? So saving them locally would only be helpful if I was to utilise the same kit over and over again.)

Thanks.

May 21, 2014 @ 10:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ashley

Since the original creator of this post does not seem to have answered my initial suggestions I never got to digg more into this.

Could you tell us how you installed 7.1.3? Was it manually or using Webmatrix? Could you perhaps give it another try following Douglas Robars guide using Webmatrix? http://blog.percipientstudios.com/2014/5/19/installing-umbraco-7.aspx

I'm not saying you have to use webmatrix for future installations but the benefit is that it makes sure all neccessary dependencies are in place before trying to install Umbraco. Sometimes missing dependencies can be the cause of installation errors.

/Jan

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 22, 2014 @ 07:03
    Sebastiaan Janssen

@Ashley, I'd be interested to see your log file right after you installed Umbraco and get the umbHomepage error. Hopefully that should give some useful hints as to where the problem originated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft