Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• JeffT 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 12, 2009 @ 01:03
    JeffT

Installation problem - Next not working

I just downloaded Umbraco 4.0.2.1 and installed it on Windows Server 2003 with ASP.NET version 3.5 installed.

I setup a new Web Site in IIS and made sure it was running ASP.NET version 2.xxxx.

When I go to the install directory in my browser I see the first page with the 2 video links, but when I click on the Next button it just does a page refresh.  When I was watching the installation video I saw the URL for the second page that has the license agreement.  So I changed the URL to include /install/default.aspx?installStep=license and that page came up, but clicking on the Next button again just did a page refresh.

I am not seeing any error messages in the Event Viewer that are generated when I load or click Next.  I do see the following error in the Event Viewer but am not sure when it occured.

Event Type:    Error
    Event Source:    ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
    Event Category:    None
    Event ID:    1334
    Date:        11/11/2009
    Time:        3:39:38 PM
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    BOBBY
    Description:
    An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.

Application ID: DefaultDomain

Process ID: 3096

Exception: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException

Message: Type 'umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelperException' in Assembly 'umbraco.DataLayer, Version=0.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.

StackTrace:    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.Serialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CrossAppDomainSerializer.SerializeObject(Object obj, MemoryStream stm)
       at System.AppDomain.Serialize(Object o)
       at System.AppDomain.MarshalObject(Object o)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated/  I would love to test this CMS out for possible use a few upcoming projects.

Thanks,

Jeff

• JeffT 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 12, 2009 @ 01:04
    JeffT

Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention is that I downloaded the web.config file for 3.5 from CodePlex and used that instead of the default web.config provided with the original download.

• Shaun 248 posts 475 karma points
    Nov 20, 2009 @ 11:42
    Shaun

I expect thats your problem. I'd use a web config from 4.0

• Roel Snetselaar 151 posts 305 karma points
    Nov 21, 2009 @ 15:41
    Roel Snetselaar

Is your app pool configured for "Integrated mode" or "Classic mode" When using the 3.5 web.config you will need "Integrated mode"

Also check if your app pool identity has permissions on file system level on the folder where you have copied the Umbraco filest to.

@Shaun I think JeffT means he is using the .NET 3.5 web.config file. So he is correct. There is no 4.0 web.config file. I think you are mixing up Umbraco version 4 and .NET version 3.5 :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft