Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• haziboj 1 post 21 karma points
    May 12, 2014 @ 20:11
    haziboj

publish umbraco website from visual studio 2013 error index files

I'm trying to publish my website from visual studio, but I get the following error when I try to publish it to my file system:

Error 2 Copying file App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\External\Index\segments_5 to obj\Release\AspnetCompileMerge\Source\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\External\Index\segments_5 failed. Could not find file 'App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\External\Index\segments_5'. 0 0

I previously got some problems with my index files and therefore a deleted all folders under \App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\ and after that everything worked fine. 

I can run the site from VS2013 without any problems, either by simply vright clicking on default.aspx and press view in browser or by simply running the application thorugh play button. But as stated above I cant publish the site to file-system

Any clues?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 12, 2014 @ 22:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi there and welcome to our :)

Since the Examine indexes resides in the /appdata/TEMP/ folder you don't want to deploy those. So if you could choose to leave a specific folder out I would suggest that you don't deploy /appdata/TEMP/*

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft