Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    May 12, 2014 @ 20:40
    Nik Wahlberg

An item with the alias Page already exists

Upgrading from 4.11.8 to 6.2 and the site is built using uSiteBuilder. Upon initilization the site is throwing the following error:

"

An item with the alias Page already exists"

How do we get around this? Has anyone seen similar issues? Removing SiteBuilder is not an attractive option as it is used everywhere in the code (user controls, etc.)

Thanks,
    Nik

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    May 12, 2014 @ 21:04
    Charles Afford

Hi, thia is because you already have a property called page on the document type or inherited in to the document type.  You need to go throught the document type and its parents and delete the duplicate :).

Charlie

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    May 12, 2014 @ 21:07
    Nik Wahlberg

Hi Charles, I wish it were that easy. I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that we're trying to start the application and usiteBuilder is trying to recreate existing doc types. Maybe becuase we are trying this against a 4.11.8 DB with 6.2? I don't know....

May 12, 2014 @ 21:16
    Charles Afford

No worries, i did think that was to obv but thought it was worth a try :').  I dont know the database schema chages between 4.11.8 to 6.2 but it could be something to do with that.  Where is the error being thrown?

What setting do you have with usiteBuilder?

If this is an updgraded site and you are using usiteBuilder.  When usiteBuilder does its work on init, you would expect that error as usiteBuilder is putting in Page, but page is already there?

Have you tried to remove page?  do you get any further?  Aleast that would rule something out?

Charlie

May 12, 2014 @ 21:18
    Charles Afford

Is this the issue you are facing?

http://usitebuilder.codeplex.com/workitem/17468

And have you got the full stack trace?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft