Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Manu Claessens 23 posts 63 karma points
    May 14, 2014 @ 07:53
    Manu Claessens

Security Exception error on Godaddy installation

Hi everyone,

I recently installed an Umbraco v7 website on a domain name and it changed permissions which works perfectly. However, I'm now adding a second website via a subdomain and applying the same methodology, but I keep on getting below error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.ReflectionPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: [SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.ReflectionPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.] System.Delegate.DelegateConstruct(Object target, IntPtr slot) +0 AutoMapper.Internal.ProbingAdapterResolver..ctor(String[] platformNames) +36 AutoMapper.Internal.PlatformAdapter..cctor() +146

Does anyone have experience on this and can help me on what to do? I even tried setting permissions to full access, but doesn't help so it must be something else.

Thanks! Manu

May 15, 2014 @ 21:31
    Manu Claessens

Anyone an idea, I've tried everything including changing permission settings, but it keeps on giving the same error.

May 15, 2014 @ 22:03
    Manu Claessens

Ok after some digging on this forum and the one of GoDaddy I found the solution myself.

It seems like this error is appearing when your site is hosted on medium trust levels, which was supported by Umbraco until v6, but not in v7.

Viewing my website is created in v7, I had to change the hosting settings to full trust.

For my fellow godaddy hosters, you can find the instructions here on how to do this: http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/2531/what-trust-level-can-i-use-when-running-asp-net

Good luck!

Manu

• Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Nov 03, 2014 @ 18:05
    Terry Clancy

Thanks  ery much for posting the solution - you saved mucho time :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft