Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Danny 9 posts 28 karma points
    May 19, 2014 @ 15:38
    Danny

Installing Umbraco 7 returns control code block error

I'm trying to install Umbraco 7 on my system. I've downloaded the zipfile, extracted it and set up a site in IIS. But when I try to access it via my browser it returns:

The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>).] System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +9735423 Qvision.HttpHeaderModule.page_PreLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e) +174 System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0 System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreLoad(EventArgs e) +121 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +699

I have already downloaded the zip file again, but the error remains.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 19, 2014 @ 16:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Danny

Have you followed the steps mentioned in the installation documentation? If not please do so.

Also make sure that all required software and frameworks are in place for Umbraco to be able to run.

Perhaps you can benefit from reading this blogpost by Douglas Robar on how to install using webmatrix http://blog.percipientstudios.com/2014/5/19/installing-umbraco-7.aspx

I'm not saying you should be using Webmatrix, but the nice thing about doing at least your initial installation of Umbraco this way is that it automatically figures out if some dependencies are missing and then installs them before it installs Umbraco.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Danny 9 posts 28 karma points
    May 21, 2014 @ 10:27
    Danny

It seems the bug was solved when trying 7.1.2 in stead of 7.0. After downloading that version it worked smoothly.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 21, 2014 @ 10:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Danny

Glad to hear you got your issue solved. However I would recommend that you upgrade to Umbraco 7.1.3 because there unfortunately are some nasty bugs about using macroes in rich text editors in 7.1.2 unfortunately.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft