Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Hewitt 65 posts 126 karma points
    May 21, 2014 @ 13:11
    Simon Hewitt

Session issue on 6.2 using Application Request Routing

Wasn't sure where to post this one so here goes;

I'm trying a new 6.2 build as we have been using the 4 branch for a while and we are struggling with performance over load balanced front ends during heavy publish loads.

We use Umbraco as the content rich front to a marketplace portal we have written in Java, with this in mind we use IIS as the web server and redirect traffic on the path /marketplace to a tomcat web farm in ARR.

This all worked fine in Umbraco 4.11.x but for some reason Using 6.2 whenever the java code writes to session via the HTTPServletRequest.getSession.setAttribute method it generates a new session cookie (JSESSIONID). This breaks the marketplace portal as each session carries a token we can check form submissions for to ensure they are valid submissions.Interestingly we also use Springs session scoped proxy for some of our session beans and they update correctly and do not force a new session cookie!

If I take Umbraco out of the equation and serve simple static content from IIS the routing works and the session is persisted correctly.

So far I've tried fixing IIS/ARR via turning off all caches and some registry changes to tweak Http.sys all to no effect.

Seeing as the root cause is Umbraco I'd like to change something there but I really don't know where to look, can anyone shed any kind of light on this to help me know where to look / what to change?

Many thanks

Simon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft