Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• eris 3 posts 23 karma points
    May 25, 2014 @ 10:11
    eris

Installing Umbraco 7.1.3 on GoDaddy

Hi everyone,

last night I started installing Umbraco on GoDaddy hosting. I uploaded all files, created MySql database, changed web.config, added folder in IIS. When I access Umraco through my site, installation won't start. I get the following error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) mysite_url/install/api/GetSetup

and when accessing to that file, the error is:

)]}',
    {"Message":"An error has occurred."}

Has anyone encountered on something like this? Any help is appreciated.

Regards, eris

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 25, 2014 @ 11:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eris and welcome to our :)

Don't know if you have followed the steps mentioned in the manual installation documentation - But if not then read through it to make sure you have followed all the steps - as is possible with your setup on GoDaddy.

Also make sure that full trust is supported - I know that others that have had issues had to get in touch with GoDaddy support to enable full trust rather than medium trust.

And also make sure that permissions have been setup properly as well http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/permissions

Hope this pointers help.

/Jan

May 25, 2014 @ 11:39
    eris

Hi Jan,

thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions, trust is set to full and permissions are set of read/write.

Regards, eris

May 25, 2014 @ 11:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eris

Ok, but sounds like you need to get in touch with support then and double check that everything is allright.

/Jan

May 25, 2014 @ 23:22
    eris

At the end, after many many tries, I gave up on GoDaddy. IIS settings are very limited, plus, on a shared hosting they won't give you the server name for creating impersonate user.

I've just bought new hosting package which is recommended on Umbraco site, so I will give it a shot (once they activate it).

Regards, eris

May 26, 2014 @ 07:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eris

Hmm, ok I've seen others be able to get Umbraco up and running on GoDaddy after having a talk to them.

However I'm excited to learn if you succeed with the new hosting provider - What is their name? :)

Cheers, Jan

• Andre Roussakoff 13 posts 74 karma points
    Jun 13, 2016 @ 11:06
    Andre Roussakoff

I have just had hard time getting my website running on GoDaddy. The silver bullet was to recycle the IIS Application Pool after deployment of the website.

It took me 4 days and 7 calls to their (incompetent) Customer Service, which has blamed me and Umbraco. According to them, I had lots of errors in my web.config file... Until I got one guy on the line who just recycled the pool and that was it!

Here is what I did for deployment:

1. Deployed locally to IIS (wwwroot folder).
    2. FTP'ed the whole folder to GoDaddy's httpdocs folder.
    3. Edited the web.config to point to the GoDaddy's database.
    4. In SQL Server Management Studion (SSMS) did full export/import operation between my local MS SQL database and the GoDaddy's one. (choose Tasks | Export and then SQL Server Native Client 11.0 for both Data source and Destination)

Good luck!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft