Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Galt 64 posts 230 karma points
    May 29, 2014 @ 12:41
    Richard Galt

Database / web server configuration and minimum hardware specification

Hi I'm very new to the forums, my name is Rich and I'm looking to replace a proprietary CMS with Umbraco. The intention is to use the most current stable version (7.1.3) but I have some questions about the Database / web server configuration and minimum hardware specification. I have searched the forums and documentation but can't find anything on this.

Yesterday I completed my level 1 developer’s course with Doug and now looking to do a technical debriefing to my colleagues.

If I start with the hardware specifications for the web server. I appreciate this is subjective as it’s down to the number of visits / whether the site is static and what other requirements I have in the future.

We currently get 1.5million page views a year. The data will mainly remain static and we have about 20 contributors (looking to slim this down). What kind of minimum hardware specs (memory / cpu’s) am I looking at on a Server 2008 installation?

Secondly the SQL server configuration. The plan is to use Umbraco on a web server in the DMZ connecting to a SQL server in the LAN. What port configuration is required? Is this the recommended set-up? Is there any official documentation for this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rich

• Richard Galt 64 posts 230 karma points
    Jun 02, 2014 @ 08:35
    Richard Galt

Anyone?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft