Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Hyldsgaard 64 posts 124 karma points
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 20:55
    Michael Hyldsgaard

InstallerRestService.aspx/InstallOrUpgrade - 500 Internal Server Error

I'm upgrading a 6.1.5 site to 6.2.1.

When the database is about to update it stops at "Connecting to database" (5%).

In network traffic there is a call to:

http://website/install/InstallerRestService.aspx/InstallOrUpgrade

which fails with a 500 Internal Server Error.

The log file says:

2014-06-04 15:28:16,228 [25] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 20] An unhandled exception occurred
    System.ArgumentException: Unknown web method InstallOrUpgrade.
    Parameter name: methodName
    at System.Web.Script.Services.WebServiceData.GetMethodData(String methodName)
    at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule.OnPostAcquireRequestState(Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

The /install folder is present and I've granted everyone full access to the files.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Is there any database changes at all in this minor upgrade? Could I just skip the DB upgrade (and how)?

/Michael

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 21:22
    Sebastiaan Janssen

All the files in the Install folder are present?

If so, could you send me a link to a zip of db + site (promise to keep everything I see confidential). I've wanted to fix this error for a while now but it's hard to reproduce. sebastiaan @ umbraco . com

Thanks!

• Michael Hyldsgaard 64 posts 124 karma points
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 22:33
    Michael Hyldsgaard

Yep... all the files are there.

I'll zip it all up for you tomorrow.

Thanks for looking into this!

/Michael

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 30, 2014 @ 16:26
    Ismail Mayat

Guys,

I am having exact same issue i have files in the install directory.  Is it possible to run the upgrade db scripts manually?

Regards

Ismail

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 30, 2014 @ 16:40
    Ismail Mayat

Right just fixed with a little help from Hendy. I downloaded http://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/622 and copied the bin and install directories to mine then re run the upgrade and it worked.

Regards

Ismail

• Ismael 71 posts 354 karma points
    Oct 03, 2014 @ 04:32
    Ismael

Same issue for me going from 6.1.6 to 6.2.3.  The project files were in visual studio (2012) so I updated using nuget, however no changes where made to the install folder (ie detected by source control), so following Ismails method I downloaded the 6.2.3 zip and compared the install folders and sure enough they were different, so i copied over the install folder and re ran the upgrade sucessfully.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft