Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Lindstrom 454 posts 271 karma points
    Jun 10, 2014 @ 13:19
    Daniel Lindstrom

Umbraco 4.x on IIS 7, ASP.NET 4.5 Full-Trust

Hello umbracians! 

My first post here in a long time. :)

I am about to migrate an old webapp built on umbraco 4.7.x in IIS7 full trust to a new web server. I would like to be able to rebuild this app for umbraco 7 later this year and thus would like the server to be umbraco 7-proof even though it will run umbraco 4.7.x to start with. 

Should I expect any problems running umbraco 4.7.x on a web server configured according to the system requirements for umbraco 7?

*IIS 7+

*ASP.NET 4.5 Full-Trust

The system requirements for umbraco 4.7.x are

*IIS 6+ (IIS 7 Preferred)

*ASP.NET 4, MVC 3

System requirements above according to the official documentation at http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/system-requirements

I would rather not have to start with a webb server not meeting the requirements for umbraco 7 as any server migration or upgrade at this site is associated with much paperwork, significant costs and months of office turnaround time.

If running umbraco 4.7.x on a umbraco 7-proof is not doable I'll have to stick with a server configured for 4.7.x.

Thanks!

Jun 11, 2014 @ 10:16
    Daniel Lindstrom

No one...?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 11, 2014 @ 12:14
    Dave Woestenborghs

Should not be a problem. I'm running a umbraco 4.7.2 on IIS7.5 with .NET 4.5 installed.

• Rasmus Fjord 675 posts 1566 karma points c-trib
    Jun 11, 2014 @ 12:20
    Rasmus Fjord

Your specs are fine for 7.x, no special requirements. just remember to set the the folder rights and your peachy

Jun 11, 2014 @ 12:30
    Daniel Lindstrom

Great! Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft