Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom C 87 posts 222 karma points
    Jun 14, 2014 @ 18:49
    Tom C

7.1.4 upgrade issue - Document Types not loading

After upgrading from 6 to 7.1.4, in the back office, although all my content nodes are there, an error is generated about being ubnable to retireve data whenever i click on one .. I think the root of this is something wrong with the document types as they dont load in the back office .. gives an error of "Failed to retrieve data for child nodes undefined"  .. anybody know why they would not load or is there any way of finding more information as to what the problem is?

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 18:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

Are you using any packages that may perhaps not be supported in Umbraco 7.1.4? Have you tried republishing the XML cache by right clicking the "CONTENT" node and choosing "Republish entire site" ?

Otherwise perhaps try doing this

1: Go to /app_data/TEMP/ and delete all folder from here 2: Go to the /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version number 3: Recycle the app pool by touching the web.config file for instance

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 21, 2014 @ 17:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

A more thorough guide and what to be aware of when upgrading can be found here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/Upgrading/v7-upgrade

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Tom C 87 posts 222 karma points
    Jun 28, 2014 @ 18:23
    Tom C

Thanks Jan .. I figured a couple of probelms, one was that it changed a template alias in the upgrate process to 'Macro Container' for some reason and needed to change this back in the DB to get it working Also it deleted and recreated my master doc type but it had the wrong objecttype in the db and when fixed this to what it was before, that worked too!

My current problem is that properties on a doctype that has a parent are not being displayed on the Content item as they were in V6 .. is this something on purpose? surely not?!

Best, Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft