Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• organic 108 posts 157 karma points
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 19:34
    organic

Publish trying to copy dll of .proj that's not set to build

When testing a File System publish to a local directory, I get the error:

Copying file bin\MyClient.Site.dll to obj\Debug\Package\PackageTmp\bin\MyClient.Site.dll failed. Could not find file 'bin\MyClient.Site.dll'.

MyClient.Site.dll is not set to 'build' in the Configuration Manager, per the below description of my solution.

I have the 'common' VS solution setup:  Two projects, one is the MyClient.Site web app with Umbraco installed via NuGet, the other is a MyClient.Extensions class library with my custom code.  MyClient.Site references the MyClient.Extensions project.

Both Debug and Release configurations throw the error.  

Both configurations have MyClient.Extensions set to build, and MyClient.Site set to NOT build, so why is it looking for a dll of a project not set to build?

This is in the Build Output:  "Gather all files from Project items @(IntermediateAssembly). Adding: bin\MyClient.Site.dll to bin\MyClient.Site.dll"

**I successfully published like this a while back and have since upgraded Umbraco via NuGet from 7.0.x --> 7.1.4  A search of my solution folder shows the only MyClient.Site.dll to be in the \NuGetBackup\###\bin directory.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24332798/publish-trying-to-copy-dll-of-proj-thats-not-set-to-build

Thanks for helping.

• organic 108 posts 157 karma points
    Jun 21, 2014 @ 01:13
    organic

If I set the MyClient.Site project to build also, then it publishes fine and the site seems to run fine.  I will do that.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft