This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chester Campbell 98 posts 209 karma points
    Jun 25, 2014 @ 19:22
    Chester Campbell

Umbraco 7.1.4 manual install fails "yepnope is not defined"

Steps to reproduce:

1) download 7.1.4 files from http://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/714

2) unblock the zip archive

3) unzip the archive and add permissions for: IUSR ... read & execute, list folder contents, read IIS_IUSRS ... modify, read & execute, list folder contents, read NETWORK SERVICE ... modify, read & execute, list folder contents, read

4) create website in IIS 7, set App Pool to .Net Framework 4 (site bound to localhost:130)

5) run batch script on webroot folder to give App Pool Identity the proper permissions

6) create a database in local MS SQL Server 2008 server

7) hit localhost:130 in a Google Chrome tab ... the page loads the background image but nothing else. In the javascript console I see:

Uncaught ReferenceError: yepnope is not defined (anonymous function)
    install.loader.js:1

I did change the folder permissions to give IIS_IUSRS and NETWORK SERVICE full control (and bounced the App Pool) but I still get the yepnope error.

What am I missing?

• Chester Campbell 98 posts 209 karma points
    Jun 25, 2014 @ 19:29
    Chester Campbell

Sigh ... "fixed" it myself.

Here's the deal. I am doing manual installs of Umbraco in order to test a package I got from a vendor. I had done two installs of Umbraco 7.1.0 and used the same IIS web site and app pool for both. I did the same for my 7.1.4 install ... and got the error mentioned above.

I created a new IIS web site and app pool (set to .Net Framework 4 and bound to localhost:131) and now the site install page loads normally.

I guess IIS is caching the site aggressively (even though I had stopped and restarted the app pool several times)?

Nothing to see here. Move along.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 25, 2014 @ 23:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chester

Yeah, the cache in 7 has played a lot of tricks on peoples minds - Think it's on the roadmap to make it less aggressive in 7.2 if I remember correctly.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft