Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vincent Kong 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 27, 2014 @ 03:01
    Vincent Kong

Umbraco and Virtual Application

Hi everyone,

At the moment, I am a bit stuck trying to get my Umbraco site to run in as a Virtual Application but am having difficulties getting the images to show up. This is both on the front end of the site and within the CMS 

I created the site and uploaded the images on the CMS when it was in it's own application but due to circumstances the application had to be a virtual application under another site. 

I have applied the ResolveUrlsFromTextString to true in umbracoSettings.config but it still no luck.

The only way I have managed to get the images to display in the front end was to make another virtual directory called media in the root and point it to the media folder. But this does not solve the issue within the CMS.

When I look into the log, I get a 404 error when it tries to grab the images using this url:

server/virtual_application/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Images/GetBigThumbnail?originalImagePath=%2Fmedia%2F1015%2Fimage.png

Does anyone know how I can solve this or have the same problem?

Many Thanks,

Vincent Kong

• Paul Creedy 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 11:32
    Paul Creedy

Hi Vincent

I'm having exactly the same problem.  I know that doesn't help you but wondered if you found a solution.

Basically on some images I'm getting this error

Authorization has been denied for this request.

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft