Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• IT Inbox 10 posts 31 karma points
    Jul 07, 2014 @ 13:14
    IT Inbox

Two Umbraco installations on one server . . . second install not working?

Hi,

I've read through a few other posts and I'm aware that it is possible to have two or more Umbraco installations running on the same server as long as they're using different databases. However, the issue I am having is getting the second Umbraco instance to install.

I have a website running Umbraco 4.7.1.1. I've created a new website in IIS 7.5 and pointed it to a new directory containing the Umbraco files (v6.1.6). When I browse to the new site, I see the "Let's Get Started" configuration page appear then all of the text disappears and leaves the orange coloured 'sunshine' background and the install never actually begins. If I create an identical site on a brand new server with no other Umbraco installation the configuration wizard starts ok and I can continue with the installation. I've checked all permissions on the folders and they're all ok. Is there an additional step I'm missing in being able to run a new, clean install of Umbraco alongside an existing installation?

I have multiple IP addresses assigned to the server and I'm using a different IP for each website

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Jonathan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 11:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jonathan

That's odd - there should not be any issues of doing it that way...

What does your folder structure look like?

Is it like

/webfolder /Umbraco site 1 /Umbraco site 2

And do the sites use different application pools?

/Jan

• IT Inbox 10 posts 31 karma points
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 11:39
    IT Inbox

Many thanks for replying Jan, however I have now figured out what the issue is . . . Internet Explorer 8! It seems that whilst websites running on Umbraco will function when using IE8 for some reason the configuration wizard will not run?! I had set up a brand new Windows 2008 R2 server but because it is in our test environment it doesn't have internet access and therefore I hadn't upgraded IE. As I'd copied our original live website to this server and it was working fine I didn't think that this could be the issue, how wrong I was!

Hopefully this will help anyone else out if they happen to be running a version of IE older than 9 and are having issues getting the configuration wizard running!!

Thanks

Jonathan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 12:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jonathan

Aaah, good find! And thanks for sharing so others who may come across this can benefit from it.

Old browsers...GRRR ;-)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft