Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders 27 posts 47 karma points
    Jul 07, 2014 @ 13:41
    Anders

Hello!

I'm trying to install umbraco on my webhost (unoeuro) and gets an unsepcified error during the installation.

According to the logfile it is something about messengerservice which is not configured. I'm using MySQL.

But i'm able to sign into umbraco, but when i do, i get the following error while doing I/O operations: File name: 'umbraco.DataLayer, Version=1.0.5261.28129, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

What can i do? I  have tried several times

Best regards

Anders

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 07, 2014 @ 18:24
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Anders,

I know that the system requirements http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/system-requirements says that you can use MySQL with Umbraco, but I think that it get much focus since the SQL CE database was introduced in Umbraco 4,7.1.

Therefore I think that you should choose running your Umbraco installation on a SQL CE database, and if you later on want to migrate the database to an MS SQL database or a SQL Express database, you can easily do that.

I use Unoeuro as  my webhost, too, and when I working with Umbraco, I always choose the SQL CE database, and I have never had any problems with it.

So try to use the SQL CE database, instead of the MySQL, and see if it run smoothly then.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jul 07, 2014 @ 19:18
    Anders

Thank you very much for the reply!

I tried, but still getting the error message. The only thing i can find in the debug log with a warning is:

2014-07-07 19:14:44,460 [797] WARN  Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager - [Thread 765] Could not initialize the DefaultServerMessenger, the application is not configured or the database is not configured

Regards

Jul 07, 2014 @ 19:30
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Anders,

Maybe a silly question, but just to be sure. Your webhost is configured to run ASP.NET and not PHP? If your webhost is configured to run ASP.NET, I think that you should try to write to the Unoeuro support.  I think that the support team would be able to help you figure out what goes wrong, with your Umbraco installation.

/Dennis

Jul 08, 2014 @ 13:18
    Anders

Ofcause it is ASP.nET, i wouldn't be able to get those error messages if not! :)

It works now with SQL CE, seemed like i had forgotten to reupload some of the umbraco files which had been changed during the installation process

Thank you

Jul 08, 2014 @ 13:34
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Anders,

Great that you managed to solve it.

/Dennis

Jul 08, 2014 @ 13:48
    Anders

Hi again

I have one question concerning the usage of SQL CE (which i know nothing about) in production. Is it safe and stable enough (for a small webpage) or would you recommend using SQL EXPRESS or MS SQL?

Best regards

Jul 08, 2014 @ 18:29
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Anders,

I have sites running out there, using the SQLCE database with no problem. and I would go with the SQLCE database for smaller sites. And what is a small site then.

I think that you could use the SQLCE if it's not have more than a 1000 nodes. If you experience problems with the SQLCE database, because your site is getting bigger and bigger, You can easily migrate to an SQL Express or SQL server later on.

So your choise of database isn´t definitive. Some Umbraco package can require a SQL Express or MSSQL database, and an example of a package that dosen´t supported by the SQLCE database is the uCommerce package

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jul 11, 2014 @ 16:34
    Anders

thank you very much! i think i'll go with the SQL CE then :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft