Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan 1288 posts 3921 karma points c-trib
    Nov 23, 2009 @ 10:15
    Dan

Can't log in after upgrading web.config from .NET v1 to .NET v 3.5

Hi,

I had a problem installing the repeater control package which I thought was finally solved by updating the web.config file to the latest version (.NET 3.5).

Although I didn't notice this at the time as I was already logged into the Umbraco admin area, I'm no longer able to log in to Umbraco on this domain.  I don't get any error message or any indication of what's wrong - when I put the username and password in and submit, it just refreshes the log-in page.

Can anyone see what's wrong or how to rectify this urgently?

Thanks all...

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Nov 23, 2009 @ 10:32
    Chris Houston

Hi Dan,

Which version of Umbraco are you using?

If you are using v4.* it supports both clear text and hashed passwords, it's possible that during your update of the Web.config file that you have change the password mode from one to the other and hence it's now not able to validate your password?

Cheers,

Chris

Nov 23, 2009 @ 10:35
    Dan

It's V4 yes.  How do I tell what password mode is set?

Thanks

Nov 23, 2009 @ 10:38
    Dan

Yep, I think you've hit the nail on the head.  I just logged into the database and copied the hashed password and pasted it into the umbraco log-in screen, and it worked.  So it's just a case of finding out how to make it use hashed passwords again.

Nov 23, 2009 @ 11:03
    Dan

Sorted!  I added passwordFormat="Hashed" to the UsersMembershipProvider line in the membership provider settings.

Thanks Chris!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft