Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niels Lynggaard 192 posts 550 karma points
    Jul 18, 2014 @ 14:39
    Niels Lynggaard

Upgrade to 6.1.6 causes missing documenttypes in tree and errors in content tree.

Hi Guys!

Once again, I call upon the superheroes of this board!

I'm upgrading a site from 4.0.3 and up to 6.1.6 I have had some success with this during a POC. However, I'm experiencing some wierdness on my current attempt.

I'm doing the upgrade in steps, 4.0.3->4.5->4.8.1->4.10.1->6.1.6

(sometimes I skip 4.10.1 to see if that fixes my issue, it doesn't).

It works fine alle the way through v.4-versions. BUT! When I hit version 6.1.6 the nodes in the contenttree (most) are missing an icon and throws a YSOD when editing.

Under "Settings" the document-type folder won't expand, and my developer-toolbar tells me that it is this call that fails:

localhost/umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx?rnd=4090f3426ac94ab8b09f83123524af5e&id=-1&treeType=nodeTypes&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&rnd2=56.7

It throws THIS error:

Telling me that there is "something" fishy with templates and documenttypes. 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.TemplateRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +476
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.Get(TId id) +122
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.TemplateRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +476
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeRepository.<PerformGet>b__0(DocumentTypeDto template) +26
       System.Linq.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() +231
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +535
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +79
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +1028
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.<PerformGetByQuery>d__f.MoveNext() +784
       umbraco.loadNodeTypes.Render(XmlTree& tree) +775
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +194
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +912
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +164

I tried deleting most of the templates in the cmsTemplate table and that DID enable a few of my content-nodes again. However, still the DocumentType-folder cannot expand and cannot load its node-tree..

ANY ideas anyone?  I'm getting nowhere fast.

Jul 18, 2014 @ 14:43
    Niels Lynggaard

I'm aware the bug in relation do paths that exsisted in v. 4.9-4.10 something, so I'm trying to skip these versions alltogether, but the error is the same if I go straight from 4.9-> 6.1.6

Jul 20, 2014 @ 01:08
    Niels Lynggaard

I found the solution!

It seemed that the cmsTemplate table wasn't updated correctly during the upgrade-steps or something, so Umbraco 6.1.6 throws an error on all content-nodes using templates with master=0 in that table.

The solution is to update the cmsTemplate table, replacing 0 with NULL in the master-collumn:

UPDATE    cmsTemplate
    SET master = NULL
    WHERE (master = 0)
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft