Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• wschwarte 44 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 22, 2014 @ 11:56
    wschwarte

welome email after installing

After installing Umbraco 7 I received an email from butler, a welcome message. Is it possible to disable this feature? 

thanks

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jul 23, 2014 @ 18:20
    Dan Lister

Hi,

What message did you receive? Have you got an example please as I'm not sure what message you are referring too?

Thanks, Dan.

• wschwarte 44 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 23, 2014 @ 20:40
    wschwarte

Aargh, just removed it today. After installing and creating a user (which has a username that requires to be an emailaddress ??) i received an email on that address " Thanks for installing Umbraco, for some help go to.. and then the umbraco tv addresses etc. "

When installing for a client and one would put their email in it they might get scared by the email. So it feels better to turn it off.

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jul 24, 2014 @ 00:10
    Dan Lister

I believe thats only a one time email per email address, not installation. So for example if you were to install a new Umbraco installation and use the same email address, you shouldn't be sent an email as you've already received the email previously. Also, the email will not be sent to any new user created within the same installation.

So if you were to setup any new installations for your clients and you were to create yourself as the admin user when installing, you shouldn't be sent an email.

Thanks, Dan.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft