Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Nov 27, 2009 @ 11:22
    Dan Evans

1 Umbraco installation 2 SSL certificates

I have two sites running on a single Umbraco installation (using Umbraco hostnames). I have been asked to install an SSL certificate for each site. IIS only supports a single SSL certificate for each IIS site so I think the only way to achieve this is to set up 2 IIS sites and point each to the same folder in the file system. I can then install an SSL ceritifcate for each IIS site.

The problem is that when i do this the 2nd site does not recognise the hostnames I have setup in Umbraco and is instead serving content from the 1st site. Is there a reason for this? and a way around it?

Umbraco 3 / ASP.NET 2 / Windows Server 2003

Thanks

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Nov 27, 2009 @ 14:15
    Chris Koiak

Have you removed the hostname from the first IIS instance? I may be intercepting the domain name first and not allowing it to move onto the second IIS instance.

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Dec 01, 2009 @ 11:22
    Dan Evans

Yes, i did that.

The site did eventually start displaying correctly so i'm presuming there is some sort of caching going on which caused the problem.

Is there any documentation available on this?

D

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Dec 01, 2009 @ 14:22
    Chris Koiak

I don't know of any documentation. i would have thought this change would not have been cached on the server, maye by a client browser or proxy.

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Dec 01, 2009 @ 17:02
    Thomas Höhler

There is another option: Wildcard certificates and company related certificates. The cons: very expensive...

Check out the documentation of globalsign or verisign...

hth, Thomas

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Dec 01, 2009 @ 17:05
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft