Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• anil 17 posts 46 karma points
    Sep 09, 2014 @ 15:00
    anil

How to stop Upgrading of umbraco CMS version

Hello All,

I am new to Umbraco, i am using 6.1 version of Umbraco in dev system it is working fine till now. 

suddenly when i open my published site it is asking me to upgrade my system to 6.1.2. but i dont want to upgrade my system. 

Can any one please help me to restrict my site to upgrade to new version.

Thanks in advance,

Anil

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Sep 09, 2014 @ 15:26
    Dan Lister

Hi Anil,

If you want to stop the upgrade alert appearing, amend the umbracoVersionCheckPeriod app setting in your web.config file to 0.

<add key="umbracoVersionCheckPeriod" value="0" />

Thanks, Dan.

Sep 09, 2014 @ 15:35
    anil

Hi Dan,

Thanks for you reply, This flag is used to stop the baloon popup of upgrade. but my issue is i am on 6.1.2. i already published one site on it, Now when i try to launch that published site it is forsing me to upgrade my umbraco version 6.1.2 to 6.1.6. But i dont want to upgrade my system. 

Can you please suggest me any work arround to use the existing version ?

Thanks,

Anil

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 09, 2014 @ 15:46
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Anil,

Try to remove install folder.

Thanks, Alex

Sep 09, 2014 @ 15:48
    Dan Lister

Hi Anil,

Are you sure you've not upgraded your site to v6.1.6? I've just checked the source code for that install step and the version displayed should be v6.1.2. If it displays v6.1.6, it means the site has already been upgraded to v6.1.6 and it just needs to complete the upgrade process.

Thanks, Dan.

Sep 09, 2014 @ 16:04
    anil

Hi Dan,

i chacked the "umbracoConfigurationStatus" flag in my umbraco CMS it is showing me the configuration status as 6.1.2 

I tried removing the install in the url, and tried but still it is redirecting to install url.

Thanks,

Anil

Sep 09, 2014 @ 16:28
    Dan Lister

Hi Anil,

If I remember correctly, the version number in web.config is only upgraded after the install process has been completed.

If your bin folder did contain 6.1.2 assemblies and the version number in your web.config file is 6.1.2, the upgrade process shouldn't appear. I would double check you have the correct assemblies in your bin folder. It sounds like you have 6.1.6 assemblies present there, otherwise the upgrade screen wouldn't show. If you were to go through the upgrade, after it completed you should find the version number in web.config to be 6.1.6.

Thanks, Dan.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 09, 2014 @ 16:46
    Alex Skrypnyk

I think Dan is right ! I had the same problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft