Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yoni 49 posts 118 karma points
    Sep 10, 2014 @ 21:20
    Yoni

Can not Login after I copied from another folder

I have copied an instance over from another folder on the same server. I made a copy of the SQL DB and restored it into a new one.

Front end works perfectly (so there is a connection to the Umbraco DB) I can not login though.

The funny part is that in the text boxes, the placeholder is @placeholdersusername instead of username and @placeholderspassword instead of password.

When I load the original site in the exact same browser, from the exact same computer I see username and password.

Also, before I made any changes to the web.config, I tried to login as well (while it was still connecting to the orginal DB) and I had the same problem.

I do not think the problem is DB related, but I can not figure it out.

I did manage to copy over an instance a couple months ago but I don't recall having this problem.

I am running 7.1.3.

Here is an image of my problem:

enter image description here

• Tom van Enckevort 107 posts 429 karma points
    Sep 12, 2014 @ 15:47
    Tom van Enckevort

Are you sure you have copied over all the files from the original site? Because judging by the missing placeholder values it has probably failed to load some resources. Try opening Chrome or IE developer tools and refresh the page to see if there are any 404s or JavaScript errors during page load.

Sep 14, 2014 @ 08:15
    Yoni

I copied the entire folder on the server itself.

While comparing the working page and the new "not working" page, the only resource difference that I notice is the "DependencyHandler.axd" script.

But that is obviously a .net script so its not a "missing file".

Any other advice?

Thanks

• Tom van Enckevort 107 posts 429 karma points
    Sep 14, 2014 @ 11:18
    Tom van Enckevort

One of my colleagues had the same problem recently, and I'm trying to pick my brain on how he fixed it in the end...

Sep 14, 2014 @ 11:26
    Yoni

Thanks... waiting....

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft