Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Sep 25, 2014 @ 19:25
    Carlos Mosqueda

Pushed Umbraco 7.1 to my webserver from Webmatrix and failed

Pushed Umbraco 7.1 to my webserver from Webmatrix and failed.

When I published my website using WebMatrix to my server (server is running Plesk and I set all permissions for each folder), I got an internal server error.  My site is developed and I used the SqlCE database for ease.  I figured the issue would be the Web.config. So I put a fresh web.config out on the server and that started up the install process, HOWEVER, when I went to do the database part, it said there is an issue with SqlCE and to see the KB ... error message. Is this an issue where SqlCE can't be pushed with Umbraco? is this a permissions error? Can someone help? I broke my site renaming the default.aspx so someone can't run the installer, but the site is on the Live server and my site is well, broken.

Any help is appreciated.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 25, 2014 @ 23:56
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Carlos,

Maybe you could try to publish you website to your webserver again, but outside the Webmatrix, Since you are using the SQLCE database you should just copy the files to your webserver, For Instance you could try to download and use the FileZilla FTP client, to copy all the folders of your Umbraco installation to your webserver.

It´s just to make sure that it´s not Webmatrix there is making something odd with the deploy of your site. The second thing is to make sure that the file and folder permissions are set correctly as you said.

Since you are running Umbraco 7 you also need to be sure that the server has installed the .NET 4.5 framework, it´s required for running the Umbraco 7

You can see an overview of minimum requrements for running Umbraco 7.http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/system-requirements

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Sep 26, 2014 @ 00:01
    Carlos Mosqueda

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the Reply.  I am actually just going to go with Sql instead of CE for my installation.  I am completely uploading a fresh install of Umbraco to my server instead.  Then copying over my local Views, Scripts, etc.  Then I may just copy down the production to my local, developer there then try to push the files that way instead.  I tried pushing the files through Filezilla but still got an error.  Plus, I have read that some packages won't work on CE so better be safe than sorry. Thought I would just same my self some time doing CE to get it up and running quickly.  All permissions were set correctly, but something got messed up someplace.  

Thought it would be easier than it was.  Luckily I have a little bit of knowledge to just start over and easily update my files and quickly through my site together.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft