Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt 3 posts 54 karma points
    Oct 03, 2014 @ 18:41
    Matt

ko is not defined in Developer Section

After upgrading from 6.1.6 to 6.2.3, navigating to the Developer section throws "ko is not defined" in knockout.mapping.js. The Examine Management tab seems to be the only thing affected by this error. When Examine Managment loads and attempts to use ko.mapping, another JS exception is thrown (on line 48 of ExamineManagement.js):

"Cannot read property 'fromJS' of undefined"

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thank you,
    Matt

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 12, 2014 @ 16:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt and welcome to our :)

Have you managed to figure out a solution to this issue or are you still dealing with it?

If so...what approach did you take in doing the upgrade? Did you follow the upgrade instructions from the documentation? Please ellaborate a bit on the steps taken, which will make it a bit easier to give you some advice on what you need to do in order to have this fixed.

Cheers, Jan

Oct 16, 2014 @ 01:28
    Matt

Hi Jan,

Thank you for replying. I have not yet found a solution. I followed the general upgrade instructions. I copied in the new files in bin, Install, Umbraco and Umbraco_Client. Then I merged the config files in Config. I also merged the following files:

• Web.config (there were no changes, I didn't update to the new UmbracoMembershipProvider, UsersMembershipProvider and UmbracoRoleProvider)
    • Views/Web.config
    • Umbraco/config/create/UI.xml

Pretty standard upgrade procedure, which I have followed many times.

Thank you for your help!

Matt

Oct 16, 2014 @ 19:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt

Hmm, yeah...that seems a bit odd. Did you do the right click and uncheck stuff if you download the zip file? Have you checked that it's not because some files are missing somehow? And have you double checked the permissions for network service?

Have you also tried clearing the client dependency cache by deleting the /app_data/Temp/ClientDependency folder and going to the /config/ClientDependencyConfig.config and icrementing the version number?

If none of the above things are the culprit could you then check the /app_data/logs file to see if it reveals more information?

Hope some of these pointers help.

/Jan

Oct 18, 2014 @ 00:50
    Matt

Hi Jan,

I resolved the issue by removing the Path Fixup plugin that I still had installed. Looks like it was also loading Knockout, causing a conflict.

Thank you for all the help!

Enjoy your weekend!

Matt

Oct 18, 2014 @ 08:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt

Aaah, ok - Good find and thanks for sharing! :) #h5yr.

Remember to mark to post as solve so others can benefit from the solution as well if they should come across this issue.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft