Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Karl Svensson 9 posts 29 karma points
    Oct 18, 2014 @ 22:13
    Karl Svensson

Visual Studio MVC 2013 Umbraco 7.1.8 Installation to Azure

I am trying to deploy Umbraco v. 7.1.8 in my Azure space and it has been too hard.

These are the steps I follow, after reading a lot of samples that didn't work:

• Create my template in VS2013 with VS2012 MVC4 templates (MVC5 is not supported)
    • Delete some of the incuded files (Global.asax, files inside App_Start folders)
    • Install Umbraco Cms version via nuget administrator

After that I did not find any way to following steps:

• If I install locally the deploying to Azure does not work
    • If I deploy before installing into Azure give me dll version problems and it is not working

My goal is having a MVC project with Model and Controller folders and have options to create and scaffold my models inside the Umbraco project.

If I create Umbraco Web Site in Azure and the download to edit in local place, I loose some of that features, beacuse it is not a Web application but a Web site, and I can not use Model folder.

I am a bit loosed because I am a newbee in Umbraco.

I will appreciate some light on this,

Karl

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Oct 20, 2014 @ 10:51
    Dan Lister

Hi Karl,

After you've download the Umbraco site from Azure, you could always convert the Website to a Web Application project. This article seems to explain how to do so.

Another option would be to create a stand alone class library which references the UmbracoCms.Core NuGet package. This will allow you to create your models and controllers. Once compiled you could then upload it to your Azure Website.

Thanks, Dan.

• Mitton 22 posts 71 karma points c-trib
    Oct 20, 2014 @ 20:49
    Mitton

Karl, I feel your pain. I'm facing the exact same challenges.

Have you tried the article linked in Dan's reply?

• Karl Svensson 9 posts 29 karma points
    Oct 21, 2014 @ 16:10
    Karl Svensson

Thanks Dan, hi Mitton

I could not deploy yet an Application to Azure, but I am writting Controllers in App_Code folder and it is working. My new poco models are under "poco" folder, and my EF dbcontext and models under "Models" folder. Now I can connect to 2 different DBs and 2 different ORM's.

Even it is still a Web Site, not an Application Web, it deploy and run on Azure.

Now my battle is making views and templates works properly. There is an inconsistency between UmbracoTemplatePage and strongly typed view and are not working together:

@inherits UmbracoTemplatePage @model IEnumerable

I am looking for solutions here http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/razor/55389-UmbracoTemplatePage-and-strongly-typed-view-not-working-together

Regards ;) Karl

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft