Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Delly Mellas Nyman 64 posts 316 karma points
    Nov 03, 2014 @ 03:27
    Delly Mellas Nyman

Cannot install umbraco 7.2 beta

Hi,

I have trying to open my fresh umbraco 7.2 beta but I get some error like this:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Http, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Is there any requirements that I have missing?
    Please need any advice.

Thanks,
    Delly

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 03, 2014 @ 07:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Delly

What approach did you take when you made the installation? Did you install using visual studio and nuget, or did you use webmatrix or was it done manually?

And are you using CE SQL, MSSQL or MySQL as the database?

Perhaps you need to upgrade some frameworks in order to be able to run Umbraco.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Nov 03, 2014 @ 08:32
    Delly Mellas Nyman

Hi Jan,

I was install umbraco manually, but I can't access the installation page because of that error.

I am working with .net 4.5.1 framework and asp.net 4.0

Which one framework is that I have to upgrade?

Thanks
    Delly 

Nov 03, 2014 @ 08:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Delly

Did you follow the installation instructions found here? http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-manually

Did you remember to unblock the zip file before unzipping?

I find that the easiest way to figure out if all dependencies are in place so Umbraco can run is to initially do an Umbraco installation using webmatrix http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-with-microsoft-webmatrix since webmatrix makes sure that all neccesary dependencies are in place before Umbraco is installed. So perhaps try doing an installation this way first.

I hope this helps.

/Jan

• Ron Grisnich 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 03, 2014 @ 14:01
    Ron Grisnich

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue installing 7.2-beta (manual installation):

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Http, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have version 7.1.8 running on the same system (Windows Server 2008) smoothly, also using a manual installation.

Regarding Jan's suggestion to use WebMatrix, correct me if I'm wrong, but using WebMatrix currently version 7.1.6 is installed, right?

Ron 

Nov 03, 2014 @ 14:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ron and welcome to our :)

Yes, installing using WebMatrix is currently installing Umbraco 7.1.6 - Unfortunately the guys at Umbraco HQ have no control over when the feed is updated by Microsoft to choose the latest version of Umbraco.

But my point with suggesting using WebMatrix was only to ensure that all the needed dependencies are installed so dependency issues can be ruled out.

Once done this way you can just download and install Umbraco manually afterwards.

Hope this clarifies things.

/Jan

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 03, 2014 @ 14:52
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I think I've identified the missing files you'll need to continue, download them and drop them in the bin directory:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3006713/Umbraco720-beta-the-missing-bits.zip

Will fix for the next release of course.

• Ron Grisnich 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 03, 2014 @ 14:54
    Ron Grisnich

Hi Sebastiaan,

I just found out these files were missing... :) I copied the missing files from my 7.1.8 installation and the 7.2-beta installation went just fine.

Thanks for your response and providing the files!

Ron

Nov 04, 2014 @ 03:52
    Delly Mellas Nyman

Hi Sebastiaan,

Finally I can install umbraco 7.2. Can't wait for the next release.

Thanks for the solution and providing the files

Delly

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1281 posts 3991 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Nov 04, 2014 @ 08:46
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

I was just wondering about this too as I could run the beta local, but not on the host server (in this case UnoEuro) as the System.Web.Http assembly was missing, but included in previously nightly builds :)

Thanks @Sebastiaan ..

/Bjarne

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft