Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• LoisLane 6 posts 56 karma points
    Nov 05, 2014 @ 13:05
    LoisLane

Local installation of Umbraco 7.1.8 on MVC 4 fails

I have been trying to install Umbraco with ASP.NET MVC 4 as recommended on Umbraco.tv (the video "Setting up the VS solution")

First, I created an empty ASP.NET MVC 4 application in Visual Studio 2013.

Then I removed the files in the App_Start folder, the Web-config in the Views folder and the Global.asax

Then I used NuGet to install Umbraco.

All this seemed to work fine, but when I run the Umbraco installation in the browser, I got this popup window:

I didn't know where to search for the file, and when I closed the window, I got this instead:

When I clicked "View Detail", this was shown:

What do I do to make the installation succeed?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 05, 2014 @ 13:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi LoisLane

Have you had a look at the installation documentation for using nuget to install Umbraco? If you follow these step-by-step you should be fine. http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-with-nuget

Make sure to read through the documentation before starting the installation process.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 05, 2014 @ 16:07
    Sebastiaan Janssen

This (unfortunately) is an error that is to be expected sometimes. It's very hard to debug. Just click Continue and F5 to go on, it doesn't break anything, it's just (very) annoying.

See this issue in the tracker for more information: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2779

• LoisLane 6 posts 56 karma points
    Nov 05, 2014 @ 16:31
    LoisLane

Hej Jan

Thankyou both for answering so quickly. The documentation is almost the same as on Umbraco.tv and I still get the error message. But I did as you suggested, Sebastiaan, and now it works :-)

Kind regards, LoisLane

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft